How a Specialist Managed Mobile Service can Effectively Support IT Teams
In the ever-changing landscape of modern business, organisations face an array of challenges, particularly in the realm of IT.
With stretched IT teams, monumental tasks like migrating to cloud services, ensuring the highest level of cybersecurity, and managing complex device rollout projects become time-consuming and difficult obstacles to overcome. This article delves into the varying needs of organisations and how a strategic managed mobile service can play a pivotal role in addressing these challenges.
Challenges at a Glance:
1. Resource Strain: Many organisations grapple with stretched IT teams, strained by big projects like cloud migration and the intricacies of day-to-day operations, from sourcing and distributing mobile phones to handling in-life device issues.
2. Security Concerns: The prevalent cybersecurity landscape poses challenges, demanding constant vigilance and robust measures to safeguard sensitive corporate data.
3. Strategic Decision-Making: Crafting the right strategy for mobile device management becomes paramount, especially for businesses dealing with a large number of mobile users.
4. Contract Negotiation Complexity: Procuring mobile phone contracts poses a significant challenge, particularly for general procurement teams handling numerous services across the organisation.
How a Specialist Managed Mobile Service Address These Challenges:
1. Resource Optimisation:
A support service can streamline day-to-day operations, handling tasks like sourcing mobile phones, addressing in-life issues, and efficiently managing logistics.
Impact: This alleviates the strain on stretched IT teams, allowing them to focus on strategic initiatives rather than mundane operational tasks.
2. Security Enhancement:
Managed mobile services can contribute to enhancing data security by recommending and supporting secure implementation of strategies like “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) while preserving user privacy.
Impact: Businesses can navigate security challenges effectively, ensuring data protection and compliance with privacy regulations.
3. Strategic Decision Support:
A specialist managed mobile service can provide subject matter expertise to help organisations devise effective strategies for managing their mobile devices.
Impact: Businesses can make informed decisions regarding the necessity of providing devices to every employee, optimising costs, and encouraging BYOD policies.
4. Contract Negotiation Expertise:
A specialist mobile contract negotiator can offer specialised knowledge in negotiating complex mobile phone contracts, saving organisations significant financial resources.
Impact: Bringing in specialists streamlines the negotiation process, ensuring favourable terms and uncovering hidden margins that a general procurement team might overlook.
Conclusion: Unleashing the Potential
In conclusion, the challenges outlined underscore the opportunity for organisations to explore being supported with strategic device management in their organisation. By offering tailored solutions to optimise resources, enhance security, and navigate complex decisions and negotiations, these services can support organisations to achieve operational excellence and efficiency.